Frugal Recipe Box: Chicken Fried Rice
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 ounces cooked chicken
- 8 ounces steamed rice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oil (use for cooking veggies)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 6 pinches pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- Sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- Scramble eggs and chop after cooking.
- Saute chopped onion, green onion, seasoning and carrots in the oil until done and mix with chopped scrambled egg and chicken.
- Break off chunks of steamed rice and mix with vegetable, egg and chicken.
- Add sesame seed, minced garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, stirring well.
- Add butter and soy sauce into the mixture, stirring well until done.