Weight Watchers Caramel Popcorn
Written by Kristy Lebel -Frugal Living and Having Fun- Food Editor
- 12 cups popped popcorn ( popped without salt or fat)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- cooking spray
- 1 tblsp light molasses
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, salt and vanilla extract.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the sugar mixture over it in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir to break up any large clumps. Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.¬† Servings 9
**I recently started following the WW plan so I thought it was only fitting that I post a WW recipe.¬† I only made 2 small changes to this one, I omitted molasses because I did not have any on hand and I used regular brown sugar because that is what I had on hand.¬† I portioned it out into separate zip lock bags and it did make (9)-1 cup servings. **
I would also like to note the top photo is the one posted where¬†I found the recipe and below is a photo of finished product.¬† Since this recipe came out how it should I wanted to share both with you for comparison.¬† I do hope you enjoy this tasty snack.