APPLESAUCE COOKIES WITH CARAMEL FROSTING
Here is an interesting recipe I found on Pinterest, that I thought sounded very interesting and yummy!!!
Be sure to “PIN” this recipe to your Pinterest wall so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Also, remember to follow us on Pinterest. We have some GREAT stuff on our boards that you do not want to miss out on.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves. Set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add eggs and applesauce and mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Drop small spoonfuls of batter on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F for 8-10 minutes.
While cookies are cooling, prepare frosting.
6 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, heavy cream and brown sugar.
Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture just begins to boil; remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Let cool, then stir in the powdered sugar.
Spread frosting over cookies ~~ Enjoy!
Photo & Recipe credit: ChefInTraining